This Policy applies if you:
- are one of our customers;
- use any of our products and/or services (Services); or
- visit our website at earthcare.co.nz or any of our affiliated websites relating to the companies and brands listed at the end of this Policy (Sites), call or speak with our customer support teams, [or any of our social media channels (Channels)],
(referred to as you and your).
Your privacy rights
- Earthcare is committed to complying with its obligations under the Privacy Act 2020 when dealing with your personal information. Any personal information you provide to us will be stored, used and disclosed by Earthcare in accordance with this Policy.
- This Policy is in addition to any other applicable terms and conditions that may apply to your relationship and/or engagement with us, including relating to the use of and access to our website and our products and/or services (collectively, Services).
- If you have any questions regarding this Policy or wish to access or amend the personal information that we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By using our Services and/or otherwise providing us with your personal information, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Policy and that you consent to that personal information being collected, held, used and disclosed in accordance with this Policy.
- We may amend and update this Policy from time to time by posting a revised version on our Sites. Any changes will apply from the date we post the updated Policy on our Sites. If we make any significant changes, we will provide you with reasonable notice of such changes through the Sites, or via other means such as email. By using our Services after such notice period, you will be deemed to have accepted the updates to this Policy. If you do not agree to any change, you must immediately notify us and stop using and/or accessing our Services.
How and what type of information we collect about you
- Your personal information will be collected and held by Earthcare Environmental Limited (or one of our related companies listed at the end of this Policy), 1 Ihumata Road, Milford, Auckland, 0620, New Zealand.
- We collect personal information in order to manage and conduct our businesses, to provide and market our Services and to meet our legal obligations. Depending upon the nature of your relationship with us, the type of personal information we collect and hold may include:
- your name, address and contact details (including your email address, phone number and postal address);
- payment details including bank account details and credit card information;
- records of our communications with you, including any complaints, requests or queries;
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us and/or to assist us in conducting our business, providing and marketing our services and meeting our legal obligations;
- health information for the purpose of health and safety compliance and/or complying with COVID-19 guidelines set down by the Government, Ministry of Health and/or District Health Boards (including contact tracing) and to enable us to make informed health and safety decisions; and
- information we create in the course of our relationship with you, such as details or evaluations of your interactions with us.
Who we collect personal information from
- We use different methods to collect your personal information. We will generally collect personal information directly from you (e.g. through information you submit through any of our Sites, by telephone or through written information or forms that you submit to us). However, we may also collect personal information:
- from you indirectly (including through the use of services and facilities available through our Sites);
- from your friends, family members or other members of your household where we reasonably consider that they have the authority and consent to provide that information to us; and
- from publicly available websites or sources.
- If you have provided us with information about another person, you warrant that you have that person’s permission to do so. Your obligations under privacy laws may also mean that you need to tell that person about the disclosure and let them know that they have a right to access their personal information and that we will handle their personal information in accordance with this Policy.
- When you use our Sites, we may collect information that is sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other access device, including – your device ID, device type, IP address, geo-location, computer and connection information, referral URL, statistics on page views, traffic to and from our Sites. Generally, this information is not personally identifiable data, but to the extent that it is considered personal information for the purposes of any applicable law or regulation, we will comply with our obligations under any such law or regulation when processing that information.
- You are not required to provide us with your personal information. However, if you choose not to provide personal information to us on request you may be ineligible to receive and/or we may be unable to provide certain Services to you, or it may affect the quality of those Services.
How we use personal information
- We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with our Services;
- to market our Services to you;
- to process, administer, collect payment from or make payments to you;
- to communicate with you (for example to provide customer support or to ask you for feedback about our Services);
- for health and safety compliance including COVID-19 guidelines set down by the Government, Ministry of Health and/or District Health Boards (including contact tracing)
- to facilitate your use of our Services and help provide a more personalised experience;
- to research and help improve and enhance our Services;
- to undertake administrative functions associated with the Services and our businesses;
- to conduct market analysis and perform data analytics on customer behaviour and insights in relation to our Services;
- to comply with any legal obligations or as otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act 1993 (and the Privacy Act 2020); and
- subject to you providing your consent (in accordance with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007), sending you electronic messages to promote and market our Services including any promotions.
- Where you consent to us using your personal information for marketing and promotional communications, you can opt out at any time by notifying us at greenwaste.nz or by clicking the unsubscribe function included in our marketing communications.
Who we may disclose your personal information to
- We may disclose your personal information:
- for the purpose for which it was collected (or a purpose that is directly related to the purpose in connection with which the information was obtained);
- to any third party service providers that we have engaged to provide a service to us in relation to our Services, including those who provide us with IT, marketing, debt collection and/or customer support services;
- our professional advisors, including accountants, insurers and lawyers;
- to our related companies and entities in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy;
- any other person or organisation that you have authorised us to disclose your information to; and/or
- any other third party where such disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1993 and/or any other applicable law.
Payment card details
- Where we offer an online payment processing service through our Sites, we use a Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard compliant hosted payment service to process any payment card transactions. Your payment card details will only be collected and held securely by that third party payment processor.
Access, correction and retention of your personal information
- You agree that any information you give to us will be accurate, correct and up to date and that you will inform us if any of personal information changes to ensure that the details we hold about you are up to date and correct (for example, if you move house and require collection services from a new address). You can update your personal details at any time through your online account at www.Greenwaste.nz or by contacting our customer support team.
- You are entitled to access the personal information we hold about you, and to request that we amend it if it is incorrect. If we are not willing to correct errors that you have identified in your personal information, you may request that we take reasonable steps to attach a statement to the personal information noting the correction sought.
- We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is required to achieve the purposes set out in this Policy or as otherwise required by law. Where we no longer require your personal information, we will use reasonable endeavours to comply with our legal obligations in respect of that information, such as securely destroying such personal information.
Security of information
- We take reasonable steps to protect personal information held by us from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including through the use of technical and physical security measures.
- Although we take reasonable steps to ensure personal information held by us (or on our behalf) is protected and held securely, we do not make any warranties in relation to the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information where our security measures have been breached. Any transmission of personal information is conducted at your own risk.
Where we hold your personal information
- We generally hold your information in New Zealand. However, certain personal information may be transferred and/or stored outside of New Zealand by our third party service providers. Where personal information is transferred outside of New Zealand we will ensure that such third party is subject to comparable privacy laws to New Zealand or is required to protect the personal information in a way that is comparable to New Zealand’s privacy laws.
- providing more customised content and material to you on our Sites; and
- conducting business and marketing analysis.
- All information collected via cookies will be held by us. This information will not be made available to any third party in a manner that enables you to be identified. If you do not wish to allow cookies you may change your browser settings to disable cookies. However if you disable cookies some parts of our Sites may not function properly.
Links to other sites
- Our Sites may have links or references to third party websites or material. Our Policy does not apply to those websites, and any information collected by such third parties is governed by that third party’s privacy practices or policies. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content or privacy practices of any third party websites.
How to contact us
- If you have any queries or concerns about our Policy or our handling of your personal information please contact our Privacy Officer at Earthcare Environmental Limited, 1 Ihumata Road, Milford, Auckland, 0620, New Zealand, or by emailing us at email@example.com
Last updated: [March 2021]
Earthcare Environmental Limited related companies
Green Waste NZ Ltd